IT Modernization and Migration to Cloud-Native framework
Published on October 11, 2021
5 min read
Migrating to public clouds has become a key component of IT modernization. Adopting public clouds enables organizations to focus resources on innovation, bring agility, and enhance overall customer response times and experience. This process leads to significant changes in terms of how applications are updated, deployed, managed, and secured. Cloud-native in general refers to containerizing existing applications to achieve better resource utilization, flexibility, scalability, and security.
Enterprises are adopting Kubernetes as a containerization and orchestration framework to deploy applications in hybrid or public cloud environments.
Challenges enterprises face transitioning to cloud-native world
While the cloud offers a range of advantages, reaping the rewards can be complicated in the beginning.
- Small and midsize businesses (SMBs) face several challenges when it comes to modernizing and transforming their IT infrastructure.
- Traditional migrations, relying mostly on manual processes, tend to be long, costly, and prone to errors. This means that automation, tooling and specialized cloud expertise are required to make this a seamless and cost-effective experience.
- Cloud native applications are different from legacy applications which can make migration to the cloud a time consuming process involving updating and upgrading the application components while keeping up with the day to day business requirements of running applications.
- Companies have found that migrating their existing applications is no simple task as compatibility issues can persist in any migration scenario and security challenges are also a crucial consideration when migrating applications.
- Moreover, managing and maintaining infrastructure across clouds adds to the operational challenges customers have to deal with.
IT Modernization & Cloud-Native Migrations with Wanclouds
Introducing VPC+ Multi Cloud Migrations as a Service (MaaS) offered by Wanclouds. Wanclouds’ approach towards IT modernization is a combination of its product called VPC+ ,its cloud expert team, and ongoing support. While our product helps accelerate and automates various aspects of the Modernization journey, we believe that at times cloud and software engineering skills are required to rework the application to fit be transformed, containerized, and ready for cloud. In addition, we provide ongoing support to ensure post-migration success.
VPC+ MaaS lets you migrate your infrastructure or individual components to and across clouds in a flexible way and solves the challenges of long and messy manual migrations by bringing automation and full life cycle management into the picture. It gives the ability to quickly and reliably discover, translate, migrate, backup, monitor and manage your workloads from a single pane of glass.
Wanclouds brings years of experience in designing, deploying, and managing workloads on clouds. With VPC+ MaaS you have the ability to:
- Quickly discover all of the resources in your environment with just a single click along with the option to filter them out and migrate only selected ones.
- VPC+ MaaS comes packed with specialized migrators for moving databases, virtual machines and containerized applications along with your entire vpc infrastructure.
- All of this with minimum downtime while migrating your applications and workloads to a containerized environment
In addition,we enable application and infrastructure mobility in a multi-cloud environment. You get the freedom to efficiently discover, backup, move, and restore your cloud-native or Kubernetes application deployments across hybrid and multi-cloud environments. You can track all of your resources across clouds from a single dashboard. You can also monitor and optimize your network devices, servers, and Kubernetes for best performance, compliance, and maximum uptime.
VPC+ helps in protecting your environments from disasters by giving you the ability to create scheduled backups with custom policies, restore them and get timely alerts in case of a ransomware activity, thus ensuring a concrete disaster recovery plan for your enterprise.
Join our newsletter
Sign up for the latest news about Wanclouds.